Who owns the rights to the website upon completion?
- You, the client, owns the rights to your website content upon its completion, including all stock image licenses (if applicable). The one-time design fee is a flat-rate payment for production, design, copywriting, etc. based on an hourly labor estimate. The results of our labor hours ultimately belong to you.
What does the monthly fee include?
- Our web hosting fee covers your website hosting (being “live” on the internet) on our secure server through Flywheel. The server is optimized for WordPress so page load time is fast, is “hacker proof” with state-of-the-art security features, AND includes a FREE SSL Certificate through Let’s Encrypt™.
- But wait, there’s more! Sokos Social also offers up to one hour of FREE edits each month., included with your hosting fee.
What is an SSL Certificate and why do I need one?
- SSL (short for “secure socket layer”) is known best by two obvious indicators that pop up in the URL bar when it’s installed: the green padlock and https://. If a visitor sees these two things, they know that their info is being encrypted and they can freely interact with the site without worry.
- Google is also optimizing its results pages to prioritize https:// sites over those without.
- Our super speedy WordPress platform and Let’s Encrypt™’s free SSL certificates work together to give your site a nice boost in both SEO and security. With our powers combined, your site(s) will be better than ever — which is great news for your bottom line!
Can I make my own updates?
- Of course! It’s your website, after all. Upon launch of the site, we provide a documentation form that includes access links, administrator username and password for the WordPress dashboard.
- If you’d like, we can also make you an Editor user profile for accessing the blog posts and page content, but we can restrict access to the website options and settings… for those worried about “breaking” something!
- We can also provide one hour of FREE WordPress training included with your design fee, for WordPress novices or those users with specific questions.